The only motor I have rebuild was a 305. I didnt need a manual or anything to do it. I have torn down motors before, so I had a good idea of where things went, and how they worked. One thing you need to remeber though is if you plan on using the same pushrods, lifters, piston, and connecting rods, make sure you mark the way they came out. I was told that a piston has to go back in the same place and way it did as when it was in before, because each piston wears its own shape in each cylinder, same with the connecting rods, lifters, and pushrods.

I have never rebuilt an L6 before, so I dont know how much different it would be from a V8. But, later on I will be rebuilding the 235 in my 55.

Good luck with your rebuild!

- Shane


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done