| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,395 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#25175 08/05/2002 5:08 AM | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 30 | Is there a good upgrade for a Rochester B carburetor on an inline 235? I have about 1500 miles on the engine since rebuild, and the engine is bone stock except for hydraulic lifters.
I replaced the original carburetor with a rebuilt / refurbished unit from Kragen when I had the engine redone, and driveability seems to have suffered since then.
I seem to be running okay around town, but at at freeway speeds (60 - 70 mph) it feels like the carb leans out a bit and power tapers off. (I have more experience with Webers, so it could just be the feel / sound of the Rochester carb and I'm not familiar with it yet.)
Any ideas on where to start? I'm open to any options to shore up performance a bit. Is there a Rochester FAQ somewhere that I can check out?
Thanks!
1961 Chevrolet K10
| | |
| |
| |