FWIW , I have always been a Rochester 'B' series enthusiast as they're simple and like the man said , made for the application .

_However , I recently had the opportunity to rebuild Jim's YF's on his 302 Jimmy engine , they are the Carter replacement # 964S carbies for the Chevrolet 6 cylinder engine from 216 to 235 and they were both stock jetted , these carbies are _really_ well engineered IMO and I may well try one on my old 235 as they seem to carburet more smoothly than the inexpensive Rochester B does .

If you have the time to hunt up the right one , methinks the YF will be the better carby , it bolts right up without any mods whatsoever too .

The cool thing is : every single part in these YF's has a part number stamped right into it so there's no " oops ! " like in a Rochester B when you're assembling one good one out of many old tired cores.....

It helped that Jim loaned me his HUGE carter shop manual and fatory master carby tool set so I could easily make all the pertinent adjustments


-Nate
There is no problem so difficult it cannot be overcome by generous application of brute force & ignorance