The reason I specifically mentioned the YF6420 is that it is the carb that came on many 240 and 300 ferds. It draws 10 more CFM than the monojet that came on my chevy 250, so it ought to be about right. It has taken me a long time to decide between hopping up my engine really radical, or just making it a real good runner. For my purposes a real good runner may not be as cool as a hot rod, but it definitely makes more sense.

I've been running a Holley / Weber 5200, but in a lot of ways I'm not all that impressed with it. Believe it or not I got better gas milage with the NAPA rebuilt monojet.

So, my thinking is that with a mild cam, some real basic work on the ports, and the mandrel bent exhaust from LMC ( flows 20% better than stock) a properly tuned Carter YF6420 ought to work real good whether I'm high tailing it down the freeway, or putting around out in the hills.

Or,
perhaps,
there may be some other version of the YF I should consider.

Boo


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!