| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
99
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#25048 04/25/2005 8:22 PM | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 39 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 39 | For my '48 I kept the original bell housing and clutch and added a late 60's 3 speed (fully syncronized) which fit nicely-I did have to grind off the top ear of the trans mount for clearance. then put an 85 blazer rear with a 2.73 ratio so I can get on the freeway and keep up with my son's 53 half ton. An 89 s-10 driveshaft fit with not modification! I am putting in a trans. crossmember and bought a rear axle conversion kit from chevy duty-made friends with a welder. To keep the column shifter I asked our local High School welding shop to fabricate a bracket to link the '48 linkage with the late 60's transmission and it worked... still a work in progress- got disk brakes to add when they get here in a few weeks... things are coming together though. | | |
| |
| |