Hey guys, thanks for the extra input. This weekend was tire hunting and switching time. I like the look of the 19.5s on the rear (they fill the wheel well, nicely), but I think they look goofy on the front. I found a pair of 16 split, from a 58ish 1 ton(I assumed they would be 17.5 ohwell ),but used them to get the bus a bit more to an original ride height(temp) I did manage to find another 17.5 split rim. so I'll be looking for another 1, if anyone has an extra (has big rounded bead).
And I have the 2 19.5's (not split rims)for sale w/rubber (not mudders, sorry Mike)LOL.

I did find a great site that sells Vintage Tires.
The prices are GREAT!! and the tires are PERDY!
http://universaltire.com/
I dont know if anyone knows about it, but theres the addy.

enjoy and thanks again


Be Alert...the world needs more Lerts!

1961 Chevrolet Apache 30 Panel School Bus