"but original is the way things belong."
Hey I like the way you think that is exactly the way I feel. But, I have a 1 ton panel project that has stalled because I cannot find brake parts, 8 lug brake drums etc. Alot of choices/retrofits for 3100, not so plentiful for 3600, but from all the searching I've done they are availble $$$. Also, beware of any panels missing the curved back(barndoor) glass. These are getting very hard to find, if not impossible. I got lucky and found one, but it was pretty pricey and since then I have been keeping a search out for spare one just in case, with no luck. Said you work in the junkyard if thats the case maybe parts won't be a problem. If its chock full of vintage bolts!
Achipmunk: The good thing is there are lots of parts for AD design trucks/panels out there if you got the time and patience.
Yeah, if you have a 1/2 tonner