The barn doors cemented their fate yesterday. I scored a '59 Ford 9-inch rear out of the junk yard. I set it in the back wrong, and every time I would go around a corner, it would rotate, then clunk back, beating the hell out of my inner fender and floor. I pulled over, opened the doors, and grabbed on to the rear end to set it in the truck diagonally so it wouldn't slide forward or roll on corners. With a drum in front of me, I had both hands craddling it, and my elbows bent out like a couple of chicken wings while I'm grunting the rear end up and moving it, and then WHAM! The left side door swung shut, whacking me right on the end of the elbow, with the nice angular door latch release handle making the sharp, pointed contact.
My son learned a couple new words right then.

Yeah, it's easier to open the doors and set or retreive things, but I've had it with the doors swinghing shut.

Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.