Well, I know this is an older post, but figured I'd update here.
Nothing much has happened since Nov., too close to the holidays to get crazy involved.
I did get my MII unit. It's here collecting dust. My problem is now I'm having second thoughts about it.
I really want to be driving this thing by mid-late May. And I've been thinking that since my 'burb already has car 5-lug spindles and brakes, and a 10-bolt rear that maybe I'll just do a lowered axle frontend, freshen all the brakes up, and have the rear springs lowered and use blocks.
I see places selling 3" drop axles, and I see 4" drop mono-springs too.
I know I can't use both, but I really want at least an honest 4"-5" drop up front.
It'll be way less expensive to do than paying to have the MII welded in, and upgrading to a dual m/c power brake booster system.
I've owned plenty of cars with 4-wheel drum brakes, and if set-up right, drive just fine.
So, who's done a lowering job keeping an axle up front? I want as far as I can using a axle.
Thanks, and Happy Holidays
Tim