Hi all. I'm fairly new here. Snooped around in the past.
I've had many 48-54 GM trucks. Most were hotrodded, and I wanted another. So I sold my 51 Chevy hardtop, and started the search.

Well, my wife wasn't thrilled with the thought of me, her and two kids snuggled in a truck, since, as she reminded me, the kids are getting bigger.

So I bought the next best thing. I found a 52 GMC suburban carryall. Well, I guess it's a carryall since it has the barn doors. I actually prefer those to the claim shell style. Just easier for us.

I'm not so sure how welcome a modified(hotrodded) 'burb is, but mine isn't staying stock.

Mine was, from what we were told, a Forestry vehicle. I don't know for sure.

It's dark green, has a strange fold down seat that runs along the drivers side rear wall, with a toolbox of some sort running the passenger side rear wall.

No one around here has ever seen such a beast. It also has a strange vent built into the roof above the front seat in the center.

Well, as I said, it's destined for the hotrod treatment.

I ordered a C.E. hub-to-hub MII with dropped spindles to get the front down low, it already has a GM 10-bolt which will be getting a set of lowered Posies springs, and blocks.

I plan on removing that long rear seat and tool box, and putting a center bench for my kids, using the rear area for cargo(wife's stuff smile )

I have a rebuilt 350/350 combo for it.

It's very solid. No rot anywhere. It's been parked for 20 years.
It does have alot of worn, faded paint, and I think it'll stay that way until I get everything else done. I may leave it that way for along time.

I'm also changing the GMC frontend to chevy. I like the 48-53 chevy front better, so I'm sure someone wants a real decent GMC frontend.

Actually, I was told the fenders are the same, just change the hood, grille, and rad. support. Does this sound right?

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell ya'll about my newest project.
Look for it around the NE Ohio area by spring of '07, it'll be ready by then.

Thanks
Tim


Tim