gigispt,

Sorry to hear about your problems in finding a buyer for your Suburban. My restored Sub is not for sale and will never be for sale (in my lifetime) but I could easily sell it for what I have in it; and, based on recent sale prices for restored trucks, it would sell for substantially more than a similarly restored pickup (this has only become true over the past 5 years - it used to be that pickups brought a higher price). We will have to disagree on this matter.

Here are some suggestions to help you find a buyer:

1. Pictures, pictures, pictures: clear pictures of all the spots that OldSub and others have mentioned. If you have pictures, edit your ad and let people know how to get to look at the pictures. I see from some of your postings that you have have pictures.

2. Do you have ALL the rear side window hardware? If so, add that information and have pictures ready. This would include the four stainless vertical channels, four garnish moldings, and four stops and stainless "handles" for the four sliding windows. (One of your earlier posting indicates that you have 6 side windows in the rear - as you most likely know, there are 8 side windows in the rear.)

3. Do you have all four of the headliner bows? If so, add this information.

4. The missing back seat is a bit of a problem - the rear seat frame alone might cost someone over $1,000 to replace, if it was available and came with the springs/cushions.

5. Oh yes, what are you asking for your Suburban? I think I found one of your postings that stated $7,500.

One last observation: your 10 line ad in the swap meet seems to be one long sentence with no upper-case letters, except "ALOT OF WORK HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY". I know this should not matter but you might want to break the ad down into a few sentences.

Have you tried to sell your Suburban on eBay? This would bring your Sub to the attention of the largest number of buyers. But, you must be able to post pictures to get responses on eBay.

Good luck with your sale - keep trying. It sounds like you have a pretty nice Suburban.

Tim