I'd think any approperately sized "flat" fuel tank would work.. just extend the fuel lines and the "drinking hole" and bolt it up!

I hear people saying they want to relocate the tanks for "Safety", but I have to wonder how many of these "under the seat" or "behind the seat" trucks actually blew up or caused a saftey issue?

In my simple little brain, I can't imagine it being any problem so long as it isn't leaking/rusted out.

The gas VAPOR is whats so dangerous, keep the tank full and it's way less likely to explode than if its near empty.. in fact, a friend of mines uncle used to own a welding/body shop and before he did any welding near the gas tank, he took it down to the local gas station and FILLED IT UP.

My general thought is, if your gas tank decides to explode while your flying down the road at 55MPH, it isn't going to make a darn bit of difference where it is.. under the seat, behind the seat, or under the bed.

You're going to be one crispy southern fried dude.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.