Tiny - When John asked " are you working towards a mostly stock original restoration, a functional driver, or a rod? " I was reluctant to answer because I get the sense that there are a lot of original restoration guys here and didn't think it would go over very well here if I mentioned I was not going to use the original drivetrain on this 38 project. If I thought I had the ability to use what is there I think I would , but thats just it , I dont think I have enough ability when it comes to 70 year old engines and transmissions.
Paint and body or suspension doesnt scare me at all though. I just want something I can drive anywhere and can get drivetrain parts for easily.
I really do respect and admire guys here who can take one of these and make it like new , all original. That is perfection to me.