Well, I believe a lot of the late 30's technology carried over into the early 40's. In fact, besides the front styling, I don't think too many drastic changes took place until the Advance Design series (mid '47).

I think the most important thing to do, is to include the year of your truck in the topic, like ('38 transmission problems). That will surely get the attention of others who share your same interest.

Many Stovebolters have owned and enjoyed numerous years of Chevrolet and GMC trucks. I believe the Grand Poohba (John Milliman) himself once owned a '39.

I had an opportunity to buy a '39 Big Bolt, but decided to stick with the Art deco series.

I am currently consumed by my 41's and 42's, but also have a '59, and have previously owned a '63, 68, 69, and 72.

I am curious, are you working towards a mostly stock original restoration, a functional driver, or a rod?

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!