All the asking, pleading etc, didn’t do me any good this time. I’ve been asking everyone for a couple of months now about 16.5” tires, buddies, tire guys, dealers, forums and the subject of 16.5 tires was just casually passed off. So now that I have committed and have eight or ten wheels and invested in blasting and expensive paint and I’m finally getting serious about finding tires I’m finding that they are almost non-existent. Cooper only has one 16.5” tubeless radial tire in their catalog, SRM II Radial LT, 8.75R16.5LT, that will work with these wheels and come close to the original tires. The aspect ratio is all wrong as close as I can figure somewhere in the 60series, so they are gonna look fat on the truck but the overall diameter is close to the originals. I’ve been looking online for several days now for some other choices but I can’t find anything else.
So just for you guys that are thinking about using 16.5” wheels, STAY AWAY FROM THEM they’ve gone the way of the Bata, and eight track, etc!!!!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL