Yeah, convert to a dual reservoir for sure. I drove my '62 for a year and several months with a completely rebuilt single reservoir system, and I was edgy every single time I depressed the brakes. It took so long to convert, because I have the hydraulic clutch, which almost doubled the cost of the kit. Not pleasant, but worth it.
I have a '54 Buick I drove daily for a year and a half some time back. I blew a rear wheel cylinder on the way into work one morning. To make a short story long, if I hadn't gone into work really early that day, I'd have probably been killed because the intersection the brakes failed at was steady semi truck traffic between I-4 and the main warehouse complex for Publix grocery stores. From 8am until 8pm, it's non-stop. I came to a stop in the far lane, even after down shifting and putting all 220 pounds on the emergency brake.
With a single reservoir, when you blow one line, all the brakes go. When you blow a rear, inside the drum, your park brake won't catch on that side. I can tell you for a fact that one brake drum will not stop a '54 Buick traveling at 40mph.
Every time I drove the Suburban, I looked for an escape route every time I pressed the brakes. That's a real pain, considering I drove it 20,000 miles last year.
Buy the dual reservoir and new lines.

-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.