I don't like messing with brakes that are questionable. If it was my truck, I would do what I just did to my truck. I would install a new dual reservoir master cylinder from someone like Master Power Brakes (http://www.mpbrakes.com/). They can set them up with the lines exiting either side and with a kit, which are avilable from several of the vendors, you can mount it under the floor, like your current one. Then I would get four new wheel cylinders and four sets of new shoes and I would even consider running new lines, especially if your have any rust on them. When I finished the job, I would know I could stop which is almost more important then being able to go! When buying the wheel cylinders, I would try my local INDEPENDENT parts store first. Many of us have found out that new wheel cylinders for these old truck are still plentiful.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane