I just about did handsprings across the yard! After 3 years of sitting and growing a quite distinctive coating of algae, (a friend of mine has officially christened her "Phyll"...short for 'chlorophyll')I finally got the entire fuel system replaced, charged up the battery, installed new plugs, points and condenser, turned the key and she fired up instantly and purrs like a kitten!!! After so long sitting, the brakes and hydraulic clutch refused to work so I bled the clutch. But it still wouldn't work...pressure plate was froze to the flywheel. So I drove it around the yard a bit, shifting without a clutch and in about fifty feet of that it broke loose and works great. Brakes were another matter... I was bleeding them myself with a tube going from the bleeder to a jar of clean fluid. Things were going great until the main line going to the back brakes broke about half way back. So a couple hours later, I finally got the brakes working and took her out for a short drive around the block (this block is rural and makes for about a two mile jaunt around it) She ran BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for daylight to get back out there and start getting some more things reconnected, etc. so I can really start driving her!
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless!