| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Hush, crenwelge, RoadsScholar, Gdads51, R&S 51 GMC, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, Ponchogl, Gray_Ghost),
106
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,343 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | I would recommend a slightly lower thermostat. The temp is when the thermostat opens and water begins to flow from the engine to the radiator. On a hot day (all summer), do you really want the water hitting 180 before flowing? I think the radiator and cooling system has to play catch-up at that point. I had a 160-degree in the 283 I just pulled out. In the high 90s, the engine would stay nice and cool. I also installed a 7-blade fan and a fan clutch. I didn't get the fan shroud on yet...found out I need to modify it.
-Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | |
| |
| |