I have put a few miles on the bias-ply tires and will offer my observations. The first thing I noticed was the lack of a bump-bump ride when I first start out. Seems they don't flat spot as badly as my old Cooper nylon tires. Might do in colder weather though. The tires do follow grooves in the road but that is the nature of bias-ply and you can get used to it. The ride is good and we have hit over 50 mph although it won't be a habit. I like to cruise 35-40 mph but now I know I can go faster if need be.
The tires are 4 ply rating with a 1590 pound capacity at 32 pounds. I run between 30 and 32 depending on the gauge accuracy. I also noticed that the tread width is slightly narrower than my Coopers of the same size. If you looked at the old tires from the front they came down to an almost square angle where the sidewall meets the tread. The Firestone's are a bit more round.
Finally if I was going to do it again would I keep the bias-ply? I would without doubt.