Almost any GM steering wheel should fit. The splines and diameter of the steering shaft (where the steering wheel fits) haven't change in over 50 years. (I just confirmed this recently on my '48. A Buick steering wheel from the 90's slid right on the '48 shaft and fit perfectly.) You should be able to buy a steering wheel from a junk yard from any GM make - Chevy, Buick, etc. that will fit your column as long as the only thing you need in the wheel is the horn button. Or take it off a GM vehicle and test it on your column to be sure.

You can also buy aftermarket wheels that will mount fine with the correct installation adapter kit.

Since I don't have power steering (nor will I ever), I just bought a 16&3/4" wheel from Grant (and the adaptor kit) to fit my new Ididit tilt column (without ignition switch.)


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek