| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (JW51, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, Rusty Rod, Ponchogl, Lonnie, Southerntruck, Cosmo),
282
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#23792 02/18/2004 3:17 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | oldbluetruck,
I bought a $1 fish scale at WalMart and used it as per the instructions in the Shop Manual (1954). It seemed to do the job. I wish I had thought of this years ago - I avoided the steering box because I was afraid to touch it.
There did not seem to be a need to crawl under the truck but my truck is being put back together and everything is clean and all nuts/bults can be loosened/tighented easily.
What you did, sounds OK but I have no opinion as to how well it matches the correct settings (heck, I do not know how well my $1 scale matched the correct settings).
Tim | | |
| |
| |