I used the Old Air in my 54 pickup. I went with this company because I liked the way their hookups were not up under the dash. However, this is visual clutter on the firewall which will require some "creativity" to cover. They included the brackets for the compressor and also to mount the alternator above it and run it off the 2nd groove of the compressor. If by chance you are running Fenton Headers this alt. bracket will need to be modified. I went with a modified 2 groove balancer from Buffalo so this wasn't an issue and mounted my alt on the pass side of the engine.

The installation was simple...no cutting on the rad support, the compressor is low and almost hidden, the condensor install was easy with drilling a couple holes for the included metal screws. Positioning the evaporator is determined by using an existing heater mount hole and requires only 2 additional holes through the firewall. I used their manual control for the defrost. The ducting fits across the bottom edge edge of the dash...also to the left of the driver. The fan has 3 speeds....high is a mini tornado with medium giving good circulation but not too loud and low when you get the cab cooled down. Like the Vintage air, it does a great job cooling.

Fortunately, I didn't need tech support as everything was included and went in without problems. I added a pusher fan with manual controls just to be safe (it's Florida) but my engine temps haven't required it's use. For my needs it fills the bill!!! Hope this info helps.

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"