Thanks for all the good advice. I have considered the swap you mentioned, but the gas mileage and harsh ride are not what I am hoping for. I do not have an original chassis for my truck, so I will have to substitute something about the right size. Oh...and it must be a Chevy.

Bowtie on the outside, Bowtie on the inside.

Anyway, I saw a newer Astro van in my neighborhood and stopped to double check the nameplate and the number of lugs on the wheels. It belonged to the local cable company and was not 4x4. Yes Virginia, there really is a newer style Astro van with six lug wheels. Next chance I get, I will stop by the local dealer and check on the track width and wheelbase. Who knows? It might work! grin


They named it Apache cause it has a patchy welded here and a patchy welded there.