In addition to my earlier question about lowering straight axles, I have another question about the rarity of the 1947.2 trucks. I bought a parts truck from a salvage yard with VIN 3EP-H-3613. That is - built in St Louis, MO. 1/2 ton. August 1947. All the paint is gone from the VIN tag, but the VIN is clearly stamped. The VIN is attached with clutch head screws and is oriented sideways on the pillar like the GMC VIN tags (ie the numbers are vertically oriented as opposed to horizontally oriented). It is a 5 window cab. Missing the driver's door. No bed or tranny. Original engine. Rusty floor. The suspension has been hacked - front and rear. It didn't have a title but did come with a bill of sale from a salvage yard that's been in business for 60+ years. I suspect I could get a title from the DMV. Is this truck rare enough to be worth a restoration back to original? Or should I use it for parts as I originally intended - all the front sheetmetal and grill are in nice shape, as is the remaining door. The corner windows are good. What are your thoughts? Sorry about the long post.
Larry