| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,331 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 13 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 13 | All I have installed a power steering conversion kit on my 1953 GMC 1/2 ton pick up and after getting it all installed and plumbed and filled I started the truck and let it bleed the air out then topped it off. I started the truck back up and tried to turn the wheel I had some resistance at first then it let go and all seemed to work well, Then I looked under the truck and saw a puddle the steering box is leaking at the input shaft. I removed the jam nut and the nut to repair the seal put it back together but it still leaks.
Any suggestions? CPP told me they would sell me a new steering box, but I don't want to yet.
Evan | | |
| |
| |