Dallas, your post got to me to thinking about maybe starting a thread about wierd critters found in stovebolts! I have seen more bees than I could ever count, and had plenty of close calls with bees in junkyards. Mice? Are you kidding? I have seen mice virtually everywhere from inside an engine to obvious places like gloveboxes, seats, and headliners. The biggest jump I had was a snake nest under a truck.

YIKES!

Lifted up a board under a junkyard truck and WOWZERS snakes were everywhere. Did some dancing that day!
Those mice will climb into the bellhousing through the inspection cover or timing hole. Rotten little things. I can't stand them.
I battle mice here all the time because of critters and all the grain and hay around. I have not yet found any remedy better than a cat. Mothballs do work on the interior, but then you smell like your grandparents everytime you get out of the truck. I've tried those electronic zappers which will work initially but the mice get used to them within weeks and they are right back.
Glad to see you here on Stovebolt and I'm sure you'll find as many answers to things here as I have. This is a good spot with lots of good folks helping.
