No, I'll tell you what I have is a car bell housing. They used the electric start from 53 on from what I understand (and remember). My bell housing looks exactly like the one Tim posted (thanks time) but without the bosses for the linkage.

The guy I bought it from says he'll see if he has the right one for me and we'll swap.

Now, I wonder if the armature I got is going to work. When I started this project I hadn't even thought of using the plunger starter. All I knew is I wanted the 55-59 bell housing to put my 56 235 in my 48 truck. All I need is the 55-59 car starter and there it is. So I bought a starter and what was advertised as an NOS 57-62 armature. I bought it thinking it was what I needed for the starter. But now I am not so sure. And I wonder if that wasn't a waste. NOS parts are never too much of a waste as I can always sell it. But I'll have to properly identify it.

Brian


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.