Thanks Gents!

I woke up this morning and did a facepalm. I do have deep metric sockets, and a 12mm was a bit on the large side, but it worked great with my 3/8 drive ratchett. It didn't want to come out, but it did eventually.

I went into the FLAPS and got a plug, and she started right up after I installed it. Apparently, there was always a bit of a vacuum leak on that hose because the carb needs some ajusting now. grin

JiMerit:

Actually, that bed is not original to the truck. She originally came with a standard box, but the railroad pulled it and put on a utility box. Then when it was sold to the orchard that had it next, the railroad threw a box off of an AD onto it, and when Grandpa got it, he pulled this one off of the 1940 Chevy that he had it on (wish he still had that truck) and put it on this one.

He says it was an aftermarket flatbed that he traded somebody for, but it's possible (probable even) that it was original equipment off of an older Chevy.

I'll ask for some more details when I see him today. grin


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.