Help us out a little more. What do you want to accomplish with this change? Do you plan to stay with the original motor?

You're dealing with stuff that is earlier than where I feel confident I can offer solutions. What I can tell you is that the bellhousing on a '41 1/2-ton, and I presume also a '41 3/4-ton, is different that the '48 and later stuff.

The transmission bolt pattern is different, and the bellhousing has a support that has something to do with the clutch pedal. But if you are changing motors too, that kind of information can become irrelevant.

What are you trying to accomplish?


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...