I'm with you Olblu49 ! I have a 57 chevy pickup that I love. rubber floor mats, no a/c (and I am in Florida!) no radio and when I get to drive it on the weekends, the world stops and all I hear is the hum of the motor and the smooth shifting of gears, thumbs up all around. I tinker around with my limited knowledge, learn some, get on with this group, learn some more and don't feel the pressure of yet another "project" that I have to get to. One cylinder smokes a bit, the wipers don't work, it has a slight bit of rust here and there, but it's really in great shape, being a TX truck. I'll get to the undercoat and a wiper motor and fixing the heater correctly one of these days, but still get to enjoy it in the meantime. If she was perfect and paint was perfect etc... I'd be nervous all the time about it. The dog rides in the cab with me and occassionally the wife too.
Good luck,
Bob K