I'm a newbie here, first post. Please pardon any poor form.
I'm looking at 58-59's. One in particular for sale has had the 6 cylinder removed and a V-8 put in. The guy selling it said the front brake line was cut when a new cross member was welded in.
Is this normal/expected?? Sorry if this topic has been covered. I have searched where it is normal for the cross member to be added, but just wondered if the garage he had do the swap was on the up&up if they cut the brake line.
Also, what things in particular do I need to be looking for? I can handle most any mechanical things, and some fabbing, but I'm not a body man, so I will be looking at the body for the most part, but any helpful hints? For example, what parts are hard to find? Is replacement glass available if the windshield or rear window is cracked (this truck supposedly has a big rear window).
Any pointers will be appreciated, and maybe in a few days I'll be a new owner of an Apache..
R-Bo