Good show, Denny! I'm always making up bits & pieces I could probably buy, just to see if I can do it. A lot of the parts I fabricate for the custom rifles I build are one-off designs that started out as a ragged chunk of steel, and ended up as a trigger guard, magazine floorplate release, or some other bit of metal sculpture.

I was busy making a bushing driver on the lathe one day when one of my students walked by. After he watched me for a while he said, "I'll bet if they gave you the right tools, you could build an ice cube in Hell!"

Thanks, kid, I needed that!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!