Brad,
Thanks for the input!
Unfortunately, with this bulletin board software, there's not much we can do to make price (or anything else) a required entry beyond asking posters to include the price (which we do). When we had the classified ad software, we could do that, but then we had completely separate log ins and passwords required for the Swap Meet (different from the discussion forum) and it was a tremendous hassle for all involved.
I don't understand either why people don't include prices when they are trying to sell something. To me, either you want to sell it or you don't. And if you aren't up front about the price then it seems to me you are playing games and trying to hide something.
Sorry I can't make it a mandatory entry here. And getting separate software for a real classified ad set up is not an option (been there, tried that -- huge pain in the patootie). So other than that, I am open to useful suggestions.
Thanks,
John