| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,416 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#22356 06/13/2004 7:50 AM | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 167 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 167 | Hi Guys, I was wondering something. Today I pulled the V8 bellhousing off of a 350, and looking at the clutch + disc made me wonder. The V8 clutch setup looks identical to the 235 clutch + disc. Were these the same on both engines, and if so could I use the new clutch off the 235 on the 350?
Also the bolt pattern on the back of V8 bellhousing is different than the one on the 235 bellhousing. The V8 bellhousing had a either a SM420 or SM460 (4 speed), and one of the right side bolts holes is off center, where the 235 bellhousing is all perfectly lined up.
Can I get away with using 3 of the 4 bolts mounting a saginaw 3 speed to the bellhousing with no problems, or will I have to have a machine shop drill out a new hole?
This is a temp setup until I can drop in a automatic. TIA, David
My truck don't leak oil, it just marks its teritory.
| | |
| |
| |