I have a 1949 3/4 ton pickup, and want to possibly swap the rear end gears with a late 1960, early 1970 Chevy 3/4 ton. . . It looks like the same diff. and people have told me it is the same, so I guess it is.

Anyway, it is a 1970 give or take, in the glovebox, the sicker says it has no slip diff. (would that change anything as far as fitting?) Coil springs on the back, and that is about all I know.

All of you guys are going to tell me to just jack it up, but the whole box is stacked full of old Iron, and it would take 1/2 a day to get the junk jards forklift to it. So where are the numbers I need (if they exist). I could not see any tags on it anywhere, but if they are stamped in. . . .

Thanks

Brian Kemp

Also, what gear ratios were availible those year?


Sometimes, David beats Goliath. Nobody talks, however, about how many little guys Goliath already beat into the ground. . .