| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,681 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#21414 10/04/2004 2:17 PM | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 | I posted a while back about first gear getting increasingly noisy, it was whining like crazy on startup.
It was missing almost a quart of oil... I added 85w140 gear oil and now it feels tight and buttery smooth, almost too 'cushiony'?. Or is it that I need to get used to it?
Are there any adverse effects to using a 'thicker' oil in the trans? Increased pressure on the gears? | | |
| |
| |