| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (RLB, Rusty Heaps),
88
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 49 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 49 | What you have to watch out for is back spacing. Its very tight. If I recall correctly, its about 4 and 1/4 inches. This is because of the tie rod ends. I have a '51 3/4 ton and been there. I found 16" dexter wheels at a trailer shop. Google on dexter and you'll find a couple of places. Dexter doesn't make them anymore but there are still some around. I had to put my own clips on them but they look good. Click on THE SLEEPY DRAGON link below to see them. You can replace the tie rod ends with more modern ones and buy yourself some back spacing and then might be able to use those wheels you refer to. | | |
| |
| |