I have a '96 GMC Suburaban with the 6.5 Turbo Diesel. It has about 228,000 miles on it and I absolutely love it. I have had the injector pump issue and that isn't cheap. I had one go right after I got it (about 93,000mi) and again at around 215K. Inbetween there I did have the computer reprogramed (you can't put a chip in these), different down tube on the turbo and different exhaust. It really woke up the engine and made it way fun to drive. It revs like a gas engine. I did replace the injectors at around 200K but did it kind of out of guilt and can't say I noticed much of a difference. It still won't burn a quart of oil between changes and pulls my little 16' car trailer with my '56 on it like it wasn't even there. No trailer cruising at 65 or so it will get 17-20 mpg. Pulling the trailer (depending on conditions, of course) is 13-16.