D'Oh!
The first digit of the vin (held to the truck with sheetmetal screws) is a 1. I scraped through the gunk on the top of the frame, and couldn't find any stamped numbers. I may go back with a wire brush tomorrow.

The emblems on the cowl/fender fillers are '62. They're orginal to the truck.

Shame, too--I went back to the truck today, and someone had taken all the front sheetmetal off, and stacked it in the cab! I'm gonna get there tomorrow and see if I can find those numbers off the frame to see if I can nail it for sure. The hood is a '62-up, but not original to the truck. (Paint doesn't match the lovely frog green that the truck was originally painted, and subsequently painted over.

I fell like Junkyard CSI!
-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.