Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,287 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | From a newbie perspective (relatively), and a surfer of other sites, my opinion is that the more forums there are, the less used they get, the less information is distributed to casual observers, and the more time and effort it takes to find something. For instance, up at the top of this post, it was mentioned that the engine swaps, front clips, etc. should/could go in the HiPo shop. So now, to find the info, I have to search the chassis shop and the hi-po shop. That's twice the time and twice the mousing around to find the info. Custom interiors: hipo or interior shop? Power windows: electrical or interior or glass? I've got questions on lowering a '62 Suburban: do I go to the Hipo shop, the chassis area, or the Suburban area? Or do I label that I want to lower a '62 C10? That moves it out of the Suburban forum. I like sights that have a very limited number of forums, because it lets people spend the majority of their time in one or two places, searching for the info. Otherwise, they have to enter a forum, read the headlines/subjects, back out of it, go into another area, read/back out, etc. etc. etc. And then at some point, there are a bunch of forums they don't enter at all. And that's the real bummer: Say I have an electrical question. Someone might know the answer, but they don't surf into the electrical forum that week because they aren't looking for anything electrical related. But if there was one big "general" forum and I post my electrical question (or ANY other topic), he would be in that forum checking in for the day, would see the posted question, open the thread and could contribute. The Buick Club of America went to a bunch of different forums, and I think overall user friendliness is down, and people don't go there as much. The amount of different forums/headlines is the only thing I don't like about this site: I'm sure there is a bunch of info I could use, but I don't have the time or desire to search through every single forum.
-Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Lots of Forums, let's use them
| arnswine... | 06/09/2006 7:50 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| tlorber | 06/09/2006 6:55 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| gazim | 06/09/2006 10:20 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Woogeroo | 06/10/2006 1:17 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Frank50 | 06/11/2006 8:26 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| MNSmith | 06/13/2006 10:03 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| LeftyinMN | 07/02/2006 8:35 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Flxible | 07/02/2006 9:02 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| LeftyinMN | 07/03/2006 12:25 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Flxible | 07/03/2006 12:44 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| LeftyinMN | 07/03/2006 12:59 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| 65_C10_Fleet | 07/09/2006 4:32 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| speed 6351 | 07/20/2006 8:28 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Peggy M | 07/20/2006 9:13 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| virg912iowa | 08/06/2006 9:20 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Brad54 | 08/17/2006 4:58 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Brad54 | 08/18/2006 11:27 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| BlueStar28 | 08/20/2006 9:20 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Peggy M | 08/20/2006 1:34 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| baldeagle | 08/24/2006 5:53 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Brad54 | 09/03/2006 3:28 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Flxible | 09/03/2006 3:58 AM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Peggy M | 09/03/2006 3:40 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Dan Keller | 09/07/2006 11:04 PM |
Re: Lots of Forums, let's use them
| Flxible | 09/08/2006 12:09 AM | |
| |