I may have posted this in the wrong area...
I just finished my cab on my 1952 Chevy truck and it is time for the bed. I bought the truck in Texas for $200. I was very dumb then and I took the truck as is. I did not realize that I had a 54 bed on it.
I am trying to fit on my 52 frame. I know the following info:
54 bed is deeper (17)
52 used blocks
54 bed sills are 2"
52 frame has kickbacks over the axles
What is a good way to align this up?
I thought about the following:
Make new panels off a 52 bed, Raise the angle strips on the 54 to raise the floor to clear the kickbacks, If I use 2" blocks as required by a 52 plus the 2" on the 54 sill, the bed will be too high.
I really am lost here....I have clipped it, shaved it, and relocated the axles, but this bed thing has thrown me for a loop. I do not want it to look stupid.
p.s. how do you add pics to this site...I am new!
thanks,
ads