Quote
Originally posted by Moll:
out of curiosity, how much does a 453 cost?

also, can it bolt up to a muncie 4 speed? and if it cant what tranny can it bolt on to?

that would be a great engine for my 66 if I have enough money for the engine grin
Check out Adelmans Truck Parts for pricing. Ask for Brian if you call, I have had good luck with him entertaining my bizarre retrofit ideas in the past.

You can hook it up to an SM420 or SM465.

For your 66, I suggest you look at a Cummins 4bt out of a Chevy P30 Frito Lay Truck. It will bolt in place of a V8 in pre 87 IFS trucks if you get the p30 mounts. A measely 120-150 hp with 300+ ft lbs of torque available at 800 rpm smile weighs about the same as a stovebolt 6.