Quote
Originally posted by atomarc:
Fumblin,

I guess the value of an item depends on which side of the negotiating table you are sitting on.

In this same vein, did the $300.00 dollar Diamond-T every materialize.

Stuart
I didnt get around to going over there last weekend, since I was more interested in being available to look at a building a guy has for sale.

And please remember I never said the truck was even for sale.. just that it was sitting, didn't appear to have been messed with in decades, and the most i'd offer for it would be $300.. if I caught the guy home, he was willing to sell, and wanted more than $300 i'd pass on the information to anyone intrested.

Next time I drive by the scrap guys place, i'll try and remember to bring the camera so I can snap a picture of the rust free AD panels and COE's that got flattened for scrap. Farmers out here don't usually value 40 and 50 year old trucks all that much... about $15 a ton.

The guy that has this GMC with the diesel in it is a life long tow truck man and auto mechanic, in the process of trying to sell off his buisness.. a dealer, or somebody in the biz is always going to want more for something than a guy who just happens to have one in his back yard collecting junk and dust.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.