First of all, thanks Wrenchbender for your advice. I'll work on that soon.

Homer & I got under the hood today and started removing wires.

I don't know who did this to this truck, but it seems like everything is wired out of the back of the radio.

The radio, until about two weeks ago was hot-wired to the battery.

The starter is "magically" wired to a junction box on the firewall on the driver's side. Gotta fix that.

The heater moter wasn't working, and Homer hot-wired it off the battery for a second or so. It does work. Just so many wiring problems.

I'm hoping the fact that the gauges don't work is just a wiring issue. That would be nice.

Need a wiring schematic.

And Wrenchbender, I'm so stupid that I was crawling around under the truck looking for the gas tank to try the test you suggested. Okay, now I know. It's behind the seat.

We ran out of time, and I'll follow your advice this weekend sometime. Thanks again.

I'll learn.

Davey