bolt54,
what you will probably find with replacement wheels is some difficulty finding ones that clear the front tie rod ends. For the earlier AD trucks, usually the backset cannot be larger than about 4 1/4". Backset is usually defined using the surface where the bead meets the rim but in this case you have to consider the extra 1/2" of lip that sticks out beyond that point. When you get the old centers mounted in the newer style rims, Stockton may only be able to do this within a very specific range of backset on the rim. This is because of the flare of the center piece. As they trim the diameter to fit the new rim, the effective backset changes. I have seen this mentioned on another site. I think the 15" split rim centers work out well but I don't know about the 17" splitters.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!