Hello,
I'm new to the site and to Chevy's. Been a Buick man, but need a truck and it's got to be a Chevy.

I found this '55 first series and was wondering if you could give me a ballpark figure on what it might be worth.
Owner claims a recently rebuilt, great running engine, no rust, recent body/paint work, starts every time and runs great.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, is it possible to remove the flatbed and replace it with a standard truck bed?

Here's some pics:
[img]http://carad.ebayimg.com/i21/01/a/05/1b/83/16_4.JPG[/img]
[img]http://carad.ebayimg.com/i23/03/a/05/23/2a/b2_4.JPG[/img]
[img]http://carad.ebayimg.com/i23/03/a/05/23/2a/9b_5.JPG[/img]
[img]http://carad.ebayimg.com/i16/02/a/05/1c/49/e8_5.JPG[/img]
[img]http://carad.ebayimg.com/i10/04/a/05/21/ec/c8_5.JPG[/img]
It appears to me that much of the chrome has been painted, the seats replaced with something more modern and the rear bumper is a 2x4.....but do you see any other major issues?
I would primarily be using it to haul stuff to and from Home Depot and the occasinoal load of mulch or block. Maybe transport my Motorcycle as needed for service, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!