| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Otto Skorzeny),
98
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,442 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 | Been a while since I've been into a Dana 44, but if memory serves, they don't have a carrier where you can pull the ring and pinion out as an assembly. All the gears come out through the front cover opening. The gears and locker may fit the open axle but I expect you will have to re-set the pinion depth / gear lash. Somewhere around here I've got a book covering dana 44 axles. I'll see if I can find it.
Joe McNeel
http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| OldIronChevy | 12/26/2005 3:59 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| oldcarandtrucknut | 12/26/2005 4:18 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| Woogeroo | 12/26/2005 4:37 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| Joe McNeel | 12/26/2005 6:57 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| Fort Knox | 12/26/2005 9:05 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| speed 6351 | 12/26/2005 12:24 PM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| still lookin' | 12/26/2005 3:11 PM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| OldIronChevy | 12/26/2005 11:20 PM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| Nuts and Bolts | 12/27/2005 12:00 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| OldIronChevy | 12/27/2005 3:45 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| speed 6351 | 12/27/2005 8:08 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| still lookin' | 12/27/2005 4:58 PM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| OldIronChevy | 12/28/2005 2:23 AM |
Re: Its not a Stovebolt, I'm Sorry
| demo man | 12/28/2005 4:35 AM | |
| |
| |