All the UPS vehicles are custom-spec trucks, and I doubt if they get recycled through conventional methods. These engines were a one-time purchase by a friend, and I got them through some creative horsetrading. The Onan company was acquired by Cummins some time ago, and the engine, which was originally designed as an electric powerplant power unit, was sold to UPS as a truck engine. I think there was a problem with Cummins building enough of them to supply the UPS demand, and the trucks were retro-fitted to a different engine. Mine are rated at 120 HP at 3,600 RPM, and I've dyno-tested one to confirm it. It's an inline 6-cylinder with a small turbocharger. It's about the size of a 292, but somewhat heavier, so a front spring upgrade would be necessary, I believe. I don't know where to tell you to look for one, but I'd start with the local UPS maintenence shop, and see if they can give you some information on availability, if any. The engines I have are set up for Chevy bellhousings and 12-inch Chevy 1-ton clutches, so a swap into a Chevy truck should be pretty simple. I'm going to install one in an 87 F-350 flatbed I've got, which has already worn out two 351 Windsor engines! it's already got a GM 14-bolt corporate rear axle in it, so with a Cummins diesel and a New Process transmission, it ought to have a real identity crisis! I'd love to find a Clark 5-speed to use, with overdrive 5th. gear, but they're a little scarce and expensive, especially with the Chevy bellhousing bolt pattern! I've got a full machine shop and welding facilities, so I can fabricate just about any adapters I need. Between custom gunsmithing and race engine building, I don't know when I've got time to work for a living! I teach auto mechanics in a big high school in Nashville, Tennessee!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!