| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, R&S 51 GMC, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, Ponchogl, crenwelge, Gray_Ghost),
106
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,341 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#19296 01/14/2003 1:38 AM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | cmayna,
I am always learning something (that's why I regularly check out this site).
The vacuum lines are not flare-fitted; they use the flared-end of one side of the ready-made straight brakeline and compression (ferules?) fitting on the other side. I have not yet mastered flare fitting but I am getting pretty good at bending steel and stainless steel lines/tubes. Got my bending tool from Harbor Freight (and am pleased). I have never tried a double flare but that day will come.
The double-action full pump is a great help (but it is mostly for looks on this truck which will not see much action in the rain). Since I have easy access to the engine (until the front sheet metal gets installed), fitting and routing the pipes was quite easy.
The finish on the intake manifold is the same as the finish on the exhaust manifold - a stainless-steel-colored hi-temp manifold paint from Eastwoods (after being bead blasted and carefully handled). I am not impressed and will not use it again (in fact, I am quite disappointed). Look closely at the exhaust manifold and you will see that the 30-minute-curing caused the paint on the exhaust manifold to bubble and discolor. My next manifold will be coated with CAYLX manifold dressing (or, whatever other product that is recommended here).
I am looking forward to reassembling this truck (a 1954 Suburban) in the spring and driving it this summer (for the first time in over 20 years).
Tim | | |
| |
| |